Saturday, January 30, 2016

Q&A- Kaitlyn

Say hello to Kaitlyn! She's another new addition to the Gribble House Crew. We asked her the same questions as everyone else, and here's what she had to say:


1. What made you want to work at the Gribble house?

The prospect of working at a legitimately haunted location was too alluring to pass up. I have been fascinated with the paranormal from a young age and getting to work in an environment like this was like a dream come true.

2. What do you enjoy about the Gribble so far?

The legitimacy of the operation. There are no magic tricks when it comes to the Gribble experience and I find that both enjoyable and highly interesting (in the best way.)

3. What do your friends and family think about you working in a documented haunted house?

I have a few friends who are (playfully) jealous and my mother keeps telling me she wants to go on a tour when she comes to visit. Overall, the response from my friends and family when I told them about this job was overwhelmingly positive.

4. What is your most memorable experience so far in the building?

Well, on the first tour I attended as a guest, our group went into the area that represents where the Gribble house used to stand and we had a spirit point out and subsequently read along with us from a package of lightbulbs that were above our heads through the spirit box. It was quite fun.

5. What experience really made you a believer in the paranormal?

One of my earliest memories is being visited by a spirit while I was spending the night at my grandparents' house. I woke up and it was in my doorway beckoning to me. My grandpa believed me but my grandmother told me it was just a dream so I didn't talk about it any more. Years later, my mother and I got on the subject of the paranormal and I found out then that my mother had actually had the same encounter with the same spirit when she was a young child as well. I believed before that conversation, but it solidified my views and peaked my interest. I have had other experiences since then, but that was my first and the most pivotal.

6. Anything else you would like to add?

I am very excited to be working here and I look forward to the experiences that will be had with the Gribble house.