Friday, January 22, 2016

Q&A- Carrie

We've got some new people we'd like to introduce you to! First up is Carrie- another new investigator:


1. What made you want to work at the Gribble House?
I have a lifelong interest in the paranormal. I love reading or hearing about haunted locations as well as personal experiences that others have had. I also have a fascination for paranormal investigations (especially the tech side of it)!  The biggest factor for my interest in working here is that it offers a different experience for guests who are also interested in ghostly phenomenon. Not only do you get to learn about the history of this location and its surrounding area, you get to experience a part of what it's like to be an investigator using a variety of interesting equipment. So When I learned that they were hiring  I had to jump on the chance to become involved!

2. What do you enjoy most about Gribble so far?
I really appreciate having the opportunity to meet people from all walks of life, sharing some history of this area, and witnessing some of the interesting things the guests (and myself included) experience during a tour.  Ok, that's three things but they all can kind of go together!

3. What do your friends and family think about you working in a documented haunted building?
They think it's interesting and very much a perfect fit for me!

4. What is your most memorable experience so far in the building?

5. What experience really made you a believer in the paranormal?
I've had several experiences over the years such as seeing a classmates deceased relative during a sleepover, hearing odd noises that sound like footsteps, etc but I always doubted it. Maybe it's just a case of mind playing tricks, or maybe I just dreamt it, that sort of thing. The incident that really did it for me though was seeing this elderly man at the end of the hall where I lived. He was in the doorway of a spare bedroom (which is next to mine).  He stepped into the hallway and then just vanished. However I could still see the back side of him in the full length mirror on the closet door located at the end of the hall. He took a couple of steps toward me and then his reflection vanished. I remembered details of what he looked like and I described him to my roommate. The previous owner of the house haunts the place (though I've never seen him) and she was certain it was him and not her late grandfather (who she senses every now and then). The thing is she remembered her grandfather having very little grey in his hair when he died. This man was mostly grey haired. A number of weeks later we were visiting her mother in Brunswick. I was being given a tour of the house when I saw a family picture of my roommates mother...with her father. It was the guy I saw at the house...and he had a head full of grey hair in the picture. I had never seen even a picture of him before and so I began to stop doubting my experiences. I've continued to have experiences in and around savannah, some of which were also experienced by others present. 

6. Anything you'd like to add? 
I'm often a walking contradiction. I'm a believer in the paranormal but I'm also very much instinctually a skeptic. That old adage "I'll believe it when I see it" is something hard to personally refute.  It is hard sometimes not to jump to conclusions on any odd sounds, strange feelings, or strange anomalies in a digital picture, but I still try to keep an objective opinion on things even if I see it with my own eyes. Sometimes something can be explained away, but sometimes it can't (yet at least) and that just makes it all the more exciting!