Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Q&A- Garry

We’d like to start something new here, and introduce everyone to our great crew. We’ve gone ahead and done a little Q&A with our group so you can get to know us better! Let’s start off the leader of the pack, Garry.

1. What brought you to the Gribble House? 
When the building was vacated by Old Town Trolley in 2011, I wanted to investigate the stories of apparitions and strange occurrences in the building. What I found in those initial months of investigations convinced me to go ahead and open this place up to the public. Everyone deserves a chance to investigate. It's not just for the TV shows. 
 
2. What do you enjoy most about Gribble?
I enjoy the time before we start the investigation. I consider getting to know the guests to be a highlight for me. I love hearing their personal stories and encounters with the paranormal. Taking an interest in our guests is very important. 
 
3. What do your friends and family think about you working in a documented haunted building?
To be honest, I don't overly promote the fact that I have a haunted tour. My close friends have joined me in the building on occasion and have experienced many things. My family is on the fence I think. 
 
4. What is your most memorable guest experience?
I remember a guest joining me who had returned from Iraq and he was sitting with me talking about how his friend had been killed on patrol. All of a sudden his friends name came through the ghost box and all our K2 meters and REM pods went berserk. It was incredible. Our poor guest was reduced to tears but I believe it was an amazing validation that some spirits are brought in to the investigation by the guests. 
 
5. Has any experience you've had in the building left you feeling uneasy?
I have had many that have affected me. I have been threatened with death and I have had spirits confront me with open hate. Some have followed me home and have made their presence known throughout my house by playing with electrical objects. It's quite annoying. When a spirit tells you "I will kill you" through the ghost box, it can make you feel quite uncomfortable.
 
6. Anything you'd like to add?
You won't often find me working Gribble these days, but when I do, please let me know what I can do to make your experience rewarding and memorable.