Monday, June 10, 2013

Spirit Energy



In the spirit world, everything comes down to energy.  It takes energy for spirits to manifest, communicate, move.

Personally, I believe there is a rank when it comes to how they can communicate and show themselves.

It seems, to me, that forming themselves into an orb seems to be the easiest, most basic way to physically show themselves.  Obviously, temperature shifts, eerie feelings, and chills would be their most basic form, but I'm talking about something a bit more physical and tangible.

From there, I believe that communicating through the ghost box is the next best for them, then straight EVPs.  Audible EVPs are probably the toughest, and come close to the manifestation phase, which takes the absolute most energy.

In between voice communication and manifestation, I believe is when the visuals begin in terms of EMF monitors blinking and the REM pods going off.  This is them coming forward and almost being able to take on a physical mass, but not quite there yet.  Again, they don't have enough energy to do this.

Now, manifestation does not have to mean just white mists or black shadows; it can also mean physical noises, knocks, and the movement of things.  Basically, think of it as a spirit taking on an almost human form again.  This takes a strong spirit with lots of energy to be able to do anything like that.

That's why we try to explain to our guests and any ghost hunter, really, that this is a rare occurrence in the world of ghost hunting.  Think of the last time you watched your favorite ghost show on TV, and they actually captured a physical being or something flying on camera.  Chances are, it doesn't happen in every episode.

Also, I feel like this is why some nights we have a lot of ghost box chatter and not a lot of EMF/REM pod action because they are focusing their energy in the most useful way.  It seems like the nights we just have a lot of ghost box action that we also get the same voices coming back again and again to talk, whereas the nights we have ghost box, REM pod, and EMF action, we seem to communicate with a lot more spirits, but none of them seem to stick around for long.

Honestly, though, I'm just happy with whatever happens each night.  I love communicating with our spirits and when the REM pods starting blinking, I still just stop and stare at them because they immediately get my attention.  I'll take what I can get because I love every aspect of it.